Sunday, February 17, 2013

11 days...and counting!

Hello out there.  I'm Cassie Mackert, one of the so called "new comers".  Although I have been a part of our little climbing crew for a very long time, only recently have I been able to truly embrace the adventure and put in the time and effort to "crush".  I am the self proclaimed "work-aholic" of the bunch.  I am fortunate enough to be able to take a month long sabbatical to go play on rocks for a whole month :).  
I can't believe that in less than 2 weeks, I will be on a plane to Greece.  I will be on my way to what will probably be the most exciting experience of my life.....so far.  Greece has always been one of the locations on my "bucket list", but it's more than that.  This is not the tourist visit that I once imagined.  This will be the life adventure that I never knew I always wanted. 
When I first started rock climbing, years ago, I never imagined that it would change my life forever.  It's shifted my perspective on life in general.  It brings me peace, frustration, competition, clarity, and accomplishment.  I see more beauty in the little things.  I value those moments that know few people get to experience, like watching the sunset from the top of a desert tower, a place where few people have ever even set foot on.  The friends that I have made are more than friends, they are the yin to my yang.  They complete me!!! (silly reference, I know).  They make me a better person.  I can't count how many times Ryan has forced me out of my comfort zone, and I have never regretted it.  I am sure I don't thank him enough.
The past year has been a roller coaster to say the least.  Life changing decisions, realizations, commitments, and much much more have taken place, not just for me, but for each of us.  I can't wait to see what this newest adventure will bring and so happy that I get to share it with the three coolest people I know (my bestest friends ;))
LET'S DO THIS SHIT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment