Friday, March 1, 2013

made it... well 2 of us anyway

Well after 27hrs of tavel cass and I have made it to our hostel in athens. It was a long trip and I didnt get much sleep on the planes. Prob only about 3 hours total so i am pretty wiped out and its about 11pm here right now so i should have no trouble falling asleep. Ryan and Amber should be here in a few hours to meet us.  People have been super helpful for us finding our way to our hostel with little trouble. We were rushed a bit to make our connection in london, but after a plane delay and my extra screening at the checkpoint, it all worked out and we had little time to get on our last flight. The metro train brought us within a couple blocks of where we are staying in athens.  We even found out some info on the ferry. we will have an option to discuss once the rest of the team gets here. We can either leave for Kalymnos tomorrow night, or spend 3 days in Athens before the next one leaves. I dunno about the rest of them, but I am so amped to get the the island and get to the climbing that I want to leave as soon as we can. I got my movie time in on the planes watching 5 movies! Its surreal to be here and stand outside the hostel enjoying the victory beer of making it and thinking back on the last time we travelled to asia as well as years ago coming to europe and spending lots of time in hostels wandering the city. only this time I am not alone. I have already been able to chat with a few people back home and share what our trip has had in store so far. The beer is not too shabby either ;-)
Part of me is so exited to see amber and ryan come thru the door and start gabbing about what all we are going to do. Im not sure I will make it. I know I will feel good to sleep thru the night and be able to start fresh in the morning. Cass is already snapping pics as I type this, and I know once the others show up it will be a photo-tastrophy... so hold your horses and I am sure that this blog is gonna blow up with stuff once this shindig gets kicked off. Ok people... time to embrance being here and get my body right before the events unfold. I love this shit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment