Friday, March 1, 2013

Athens by Storm

Well, as Jesse already posted, we made it!  It was a hell of a long trip, but good overall.
I got a little more sleep than Jesse, thanks to my super duper headphones, I didn't have to actually listen the the idle chatter of the ba-gillion French teen girls & boys that were on the plane from LA to London.  They were all over the place!!! They stood in the isles and back near the restrooms as if they were hanging at a bar or something.  One girl even took off her shoes & put her bare feet on top of Jesse's seat. No manners!!!!  Thankfully for me I was in my own little quiet world. Nevertheless, I hate being on a plane for that many hours, so I am very happy to be here in Greece.  Can't wait to see this place in the daylight!!  Feels like a big city...dirty old streets, trains (metro), garbage & things everywhere, but I think it will be a wonderfully unique photo op :)  Anywho...it's crazy to realize that I am actually here, in Athens, Greece, a place of beautiful history and a place that I have ALWAYS wanted to travel to.  
We've gotten some realle good info about the ferry to Kalymnos and when Ryan and Amber arrive, we will be able to decide our next step.  YAY!!!!  The adventure offically begins.  
P.S.  I am writing this on a keyboard with Greek Letters on it....holy crap...this is challenging ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment